Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Toast Palya:

Bread toast is most common snack item available in almost all bakeries in Bangalore/Karnataka.
Its very quick and tasty snack whose base is regular pond bread.
The topping of bread toast is made of simple vegetables like carrot, Capsicum, onion etc..

The cost of this bread toast is also less(may be one toast costs less than 5 rupees) and suffice your hungry stomach. When i was in college, this was the regular snack item i used to get in my hostel. (Sometimes brought from outside bakeries else prepared by my hostel cook).

Last Wednesday when I was back from office, It was around 9.30 PM and was raining heavily. Me and my hubby were felling hungry. I wanted to prepare some thing very quickly so went and searched for vegetables in fridge for Vegetable pulav, but I had only few carrots , capsicum left in the tray.So I thought of preparing Toast Palya and serve it with chapathi. Believe it or not I was able to server the dinner with in 20 mins or even less.

So here is the recipe for fast Toast palya. I would like to call it as dhidir (fast in kannada) palya.

You need to have:

1 big Carrot
1 big Capsicum
1 big onion
1 pinch haldi
2-3 green chilies
2 tbs oil

Method:

Grate the carrot with the help of food processor. chop onion, capsicum and green chilies and keep it aside.

Heat 2tbs of oil in pan, add chopped onion and green chilies. Fry till they turn translucent.

Then add chopped capsicum. fry for 2-3 mins. Add carrot, half cup water and close the lid of the pan. cook this for about 8-10 mins. finally add salt and serve with chapaties.



I will be sharing bread toast recipe in another post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...