Monday, March 21, 2011

Biscuit Roti


This is famous snack item from Manglore region. This is one of our favourite tea time snack. H was forcing me all these days to give a try. In last video chat I asked my Mom-In-Law for the recipe. though she had tasted it, she had never tried it at home. So I asked my best friend Google(yes, she is my best friend:-)) and I came across recipe for Biscuit Roti.before I dig into recipe I would like to thank Prathibha for this beautiful recipe.she is such a saviour .lets start with the recipe.for this,

You Need To Have:

For Stuffing:
4-5 tsp fine semolin/chiroti rave
1 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp jeera powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
2-3 tsp jaggery powder
3-4 tamarind flakes
pinch of asafetida
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
4-5 curry leaves

For Dough:
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2-3 tsp fine semolina
salt to taste
2-3 tsp oil

Method:
 Take maida, fine semolina and salt. put oil and mix well. prepare dough by adding little water at a time.Dough consistency should be that of poori dough.cover the lid and set it aside for 15 mins.

Fry fine semolina on low frame until you get nice aroma.  Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a thick bottomed pan. add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, jeer powder, coriander powder, powder jaggery, hing, tamarind flakes. fry them until raw smell disappears. add salt , chopped curry leaves,and desiccated coconut. turn off the flame.
 
 mix fried rava and allow it to cool down. once it comes to room temperature , mix well so that everything is mixed well.
Stuff this mixture into maid dough (see picture below).Deep fry each poori and serve along with coffee.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...